Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Our Grand (Canyon) Adventure

Once upon a time, a girl from the Grand Canyon State married a boy who had never even seen a cactus. This meant that one had several childhood memories of baking in the sun while looking at the largest hole in the world, while the other had no idea what he was missing out on. To rectify this obvious inequality in the relationship, the boy and the girl decided to make the trek (through the snow even) to experience the grandeur of the Grand Canyon together. They couldn't imagine anything more romantic (or character building) and witnessing something so large could only be the next big step in their relationship. So here is the story of the epic romance of Ramzi and Ramsay's first trip to the Grand Canyon together.

All epic romances aside, we had a fun weekend seeing the Grand Canyon. It had just snowed the night before and we got up early to watch the sunrise to avoid all the other tourists and to hang out with all the critters who also get up early (like the baby elk we saw). To sum it all up, it was kind of a perfect trip and it was pretty great showing my husband the beauty of the Grand Canyon for the first time.

And now, time for the pictorial evidence of our Grand Canyon excursion. (My cute hat and coat are credited to Kendle Webster who kindly let me borrow them after foolishly leaving my coat at home)

 We were the first ones on the snowy rim trail. Sorry it's blurry. We were kind of running because we were almost late for the sunrise.


But even though we had to run almost half a mile in the snow, this view was totally worth it.


This view can make anyone look good.


Except this fella. That handsome man makes that view look good!


Selfie time!


This is me being sassy and enjoying walking close to the edge without my mother telling me not to.


And this is Ramzi snapping a picture so my mother could tell me off later (thanks, Ramzi )


An awesome panoramic that showcases the snow.


The baby elk we saw!! Because there weren't very many people around, the elk got really close to us. Look at those ears!


More elk!! I was trying to tone down how excited I was for the picture.


Man, no picture can do this view justice.


I found Smokey Bear.


And the grumpiest park ranger around. (This is my new favorite picture of Ramzi)


And that about sums it up. I highly recommend seeing the Grand Canyon at least once in your life, especially in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment